Saturday 11 December 2010

Forbidden, part 2 (and once again, ooh-la-la)

As I blogged previously, I had to return to Forbidden to complete my shoot-the-dancers assignment for the club's website. A couple of girls still needed photographed, including Natasha, who I'd briefly chatted with during my previous visit. She's quite a memorable-looking girl. For starters, she has pink hair. Vivid, radioactive pink. Second, she has about a bazillion tattoos, including 'Do or not, there is no try' across her chest, and a large scroll of text down one leg.

Last week, after the first shoot, I was idly browsing through Model Mayhem and came across a profile I was very familiar with: Goreckii. A very experienced young model and dancer, with a great portfolio of photos to her name. Great look, long, vivid blue hair... several piercings...
"tattoos - a full paragraph of the Declation of Abroath on the side of my right leg from hip to knee...'Do or not, there is no try' along my chest..."

Eh ?! Wot ?! Natasha is Goreckii ?!?!

It was embarrassing to think I hadn't spotted who she was, especially since her Purestorm profile uses her real name. Nevertheless, I couldn't believe my luck: I was going to get a free shooting session with Goreckii, even if I didn't want to get my hopes up because of the constraining circumstances of the gig. So we did some quick test shots, then moved to the dancers' pole where she assured me she'd be able to show off some good moves.

Holy cow! This girl was fantastic, striking effortless poses in apparent defiance of gravity, and holding them until I could get the shot. And then it got even better! Before we finished, she asked if she could do some more static posing next to the pole. We did that, and I dimmed the lights a little to try and get a darker and more edgy look to the images. When I showed them to her, she raved! If things stayed quiet, she asked, would it be ok for her to come back later, and we could do some arty nude/topless stuff, just for us? I kid you not.

And I kid you not about what happened next: nothing, because I left and went home. I know what you're thinking. But I'd been paid, the club was getting a busy, there were three other mini-shoots I'd have to complete before I could get any one-on-one time with her, and it had been about nine hours since I'd eaten anything so I was staaaaaaaaaaaarving.

Still, you're right of course: Dumbest. Move. Ever. I've kicked myself every day since for not hanging around. Even if I'd had to wait six hours until the club was closed, she would have been worth it. I'm going to try and organize something between us in the new year, but it won't be the same; this was one of those spontaneous, carpe diem moments that you either grab with both hands, or lose forever.

No comments: