Saturday 5 April 2008

Bikers and the Falkirk Wheel

A good day's shooting. I'd twice tried motorsport shots without satisfaction before, but a morning at Knockhill Race Circuit photographing bikers on a trackday worked a treat. Free entry (there was no actual racing), minimal crowds, and some excellent, colourful subjects.

The only downside was the presence of another photographer, from power-images.co.uk. It wasn't his equipment or talent I was envious of though; it was his insurance. He was free to wander into the infield to get the best vantage points, while marshalls would shoo me away as a potentially expensive liability. Insurance like that might well be my next photographic purchase...

Stopped off at the Falkirk Wheel on the way back. I'd never visited it before, but it's a corking piece of engineering, I have to admit.

No comments: