Sunday 22 May 2011

Lokasenna

I was feeling sorry for myself a couple of weeks ago, because of a shoot which hadn't gone according to plan; in fact, it hadn't happened at all. So, sitting at home late on Saturday night, I saw a casting call on Purestorm from a new model looking to boost her portfolio, and I thought what the heck.

I contacted her with a suggestion to do some edgy "wet look" portraits, since the forecast was for rain, and she was keen. She also wanted some full-length pictures, as she was 5'10" but didn't have any existing images which showed off her height properly. But would you believe it, for the first time in Scotland's history, the weather was better than predicted. I didn't have a Plan B so we had to wing it, and I'm never the best at on-the-fly creativity, but we still got a couple of usable shots. I did notice afterwards though, that I had this "run your fingers through your hair" thing going, and at the end of the day, I didn't have any shots where Eilidh wasn't doing that ~ dumb of me.

No comments: