Sunday 7 September 2008

Fort William

After my success getting published at the end of June, I thought I'd give photojournalism a second go. For the last couple of years I've been a fan of Angela Mudge, the two-time (2006, 2007) Skyrunning champion from Scotland. She was competing at the annual Ben Nevis Race up and down Britain's highest mountain, which this year was part of the Skyrunner world series.

Good news: she won again. Bad news: the big newspapers had sent up a photographer on assignment, and besides, my shots turned out pretty poor. I didn't even bother submitting them.

Still, it was a nice weekend with some great weather. On the Friday I drove out to Ardnamurchan Point, the most westerly point on the British mainland. After a meandering drive along a winding single track road for miles and miles, I found there was nothing there but a lighthouse, and it was shut. Nice to see somewhere that hadn't succumbed to tourist-leeching consumerism.

No comments: